Thursday, July 28, 2016

USA v CHINA: China digs hole too big in Los Angeles lose by 49

So I arrive at Staples Center Sunday afternoon a bit tardy from tip-off.  Ah, beer.  I overheard the gents in front of me say, "can you believe that the line on this game is 48 points?"

The US was favored by 48 points Sunday Night (7/24) in L.A,


I said, "excuse me.  Did I overhear you correctly?  The line is forty-EIGHT?"  The reply I got was grins and nods.

I proceed to tell the bartender about the large margin of victory the U.S. had over Argentina and that in this game against China the United States was favored by forty-eight.  She looked up to the screen to see a score of something like 26-11 or so as the first quarter came to a close (it ended 26-13) and she says,

"oh, it's over..." 

Jaylen Brown was in attendance Sunday Night




We are probably going to see more of the same in this exhibition so let's look at this as such.. an exhibition of good will and gratitude and love for all human beings (Carmelo wants to make a difference right?)  The reality is that this is going to be an exhibition of complete physical dominance with 28 footers going in almost as often as dunk put-backs and lobs are rattling the rims.

Team USA has a "select team" right?  Lakers D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle and rookie Brandon Ingram are on this team.  The Select Team would breeze through this exhibition.  How about our women's team?

The USA Women's Team was on hand in L.A. Sunday Night: Perhaps the game would have
been more competitive if they played China?

USA won by 49.